Monday, January 6, 2014

ParaNorman (2012)

Similar: Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1623288/

~~~~
Rating: 3!
~~~~

ParaNorman was surprisingly good. When I first saw ads for it, I didn't give it an extra thought. I've never been too much into claymation but this movie and the company Laika turned me around a bit.
The plot was so nice. I'm always looking for new ideas and ParaNorman gave me a great one. It might be a little predictable depending on who you are (I didn't see it coming but my girlfriend did). I do always love stories that focus around a bullied kid. Especially ones that can see ghosts. Being different is always a great thing and movies that stress that will always be among my favorites.
After watching this movie, I will forever praise Laika studios and I really want to watch Coraline now. The movie looks nothing like claymation and more like really great computer animation. The amount of time it must take to make these movies blow my mind.
This is a great movie to watch with some free time like a nice lazy Sunday or a snowy day. And if you like this movie, be on the lookout for Laika's new movie The Boxtrolls that comes out this September.

2 comments: