Saturday, June 16, 2012

Blog Hop #6 for June 16th!

First off, you can find the rest of my Blog Hop answers here:  http://fictionalpossibilities.blogspot.com/p/blog-hopping_24.html or up at the Blog Hopping!! tab up top :)

Q: When did you know you wanted to be a writer? Did you share it with people or keep it to yourself?

A: Honestly, I have no idea when I wanted to become a writer. I've never really had any dreams or goals planned out for my future (unfortunately, being a jedi or a superhero isn't seen as a real profession) so I've just sort of wandered. I landed at writing when I realized that I didn't want to do anything else. I create worlds and stories in my head all day long, so why do anything else? That is what comes easiest to me. Now I just need to get this whole writing constantly/writing well thing down and I'd be golden.

I shared it with my girlfriend, Katie, and my brother, Josh, but that's about it. My parents found out when I decided to switch majors (for the second time). Still think they're recovering.. I don't really have anyone else I talk to so that about sums it up.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, many writers say they just started writing and never quit.
    I'm looking forward to reading your review of Shutter Island. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah I seem to have problems with that. My biggest issue is that I want to figure out the plot before I start writing. This usually screws things up and I'm aware of that but I love to have complex stories so I want a lot figured out first.

    I can't wait to write about Shutter Island! I've already seen it and it is spectacular. I do wanna watch the movie again before I do the review, though. Or I might just go ahead and do it anyway. I haven't gotten there yet.

    ReplyDelete